LOCATION: The Ritz-Carlton returned to New York's Central Park South on the site of the former St. Moritz Hotel. This prime location, on the corner of Central Park South and Sixth Avenue in the heart of Manhattan, affords unrivaled views of Central Park and the city skyline. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the city’s best shopping and favorite tourist attractions, including the shops and boutiques of Fifth Avenue, Lincoln Center, the Museum of Modern Art and Carnegie Hall.
OPENING DATE: April 29, 2002
OVERVIEW: The 33-story Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is housed within a striking 1930s building designed by Emery Roth. Boasting the residential ambience of an elegant New York townhouse, the hotel comprises 259 guest rooms, including 47 suites, and 12 luxury residences as well as a world-class spa and a traditional New York stand-up bar. The hotel features a museum-quality collection of paintings by American modernist Samuel Halpert (1888 – 1930) and others.
AWARDS: Mobil Five-Star Award; AAA Five Diamond Award
OWNER: Millennium Partners
ARCHITECT: Gary Edward Handel + Associates
INTERIOR DESIGNER: Frank Nicholson, Incorporated
GENERAL MANAGER: Scott Geraghty
ACCOMMODATIONS: The hotel’s 259 guest rooms and 47 suites (including The Ritz-Carlton Suite, The Royal Suite, and The Central Park Suite) are opulently furnished in shades of celadon, taupe and pale rose. Plush upholsteries, brocade drapes and richly patterned carpets create a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambience. A variety of services and amenities are designed with ultimate guest comfort in mind.
• Exclusively made 400 thread-count fine linens
• Exclusively made Pratesi linens in The Ritz-Carlton and Royal Suites, with a choice of 100% cotton or 750 thread-count jacard cotton sheets
• Feather duvets, feather beds and a choice of seven types of pillows
• Oversized marble bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and a separate glass-enclosed shower
• Lighted make-up mirror, custom made scale, and full-size hair dryer
• Luxurious Etro bath amenities
• Choice of terry & waffle or cotton sateen bathrobes
• Multi-line cordless telephones with voice mail and data line capabilities
• WiFi access
• Data port and fax hook-up
• In-room safe that accommodates a laptop
• Overnight laundry and dry cleaning service
• Complimentary morning newspapers of choice
• DVD players and a library of Academy Award-winning films, films featuring Central Park, and children’s movies
• Telescopes and birding books in park view rooms
• Extensive state-of-the-art Bang & Olufsen entertainment systems in The Ritz-Carlton, Royal, and Central Park Suites
• “Pre-arrival” call to all guests by a guest relations manager for quick check-in, direct-to-room welcome
• 24/7 Technology Butler
• Full service multi-lingual concierge
• 24-hour In-Room Dining
• Twice-daily housekeeping service
• Complimentary Bentley car service available in midtown, 3:00 – 11:00 p.m.
• Bath Butler and Bath Menu
• Complimentary overnight shoeshine service
• Full program for children, including: cookies and milk at turndown; stuffed animals from for small children; Bulgari baby amenities for infants; “POLO” (Protect Our Little Ones) program that includes box of bandages, outlet protectors, and other safety aids; strollers; babysitting and nanny services as well as a full range of activities can be arranged through the concierge, such as tours of local toy stores and children’s exhibits at museums.
• Full pet program for animals weighing less than 60 pounds. Features include ultra-chic pet carriers; 22-karat gold plated identification tags with advanced notice; home-baked dog treats; ceramic dinnerware; rainproof Burberry trench coats and Ritz-Carlton t-shirts. Veterinary services are available on-call through concierge in case of emergency, as well as walking and sitting services. An additional pet fee applies.
THE RITZ-CARLTON CLUB LOUNGE: The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park features The Ritz- Carlton Club Lounge for guests seeking a heightened level
of luxury and privacy. An option for all guests, the private Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge is a peaceful, exclusive “retreat” for leisure guests and business travelers featuring private check-in and check-out, complimentary food and beverage presentations throughout the day, as well as the services of a dedicated concierge. Guests enjoy complimentary wireless laptop access in the Lounge as well as an exclusive collection of DVDs, CDs and children’s books.
Additional Club Lounge features:
• Packing and unpacking services
• Tourism services
• Butler services
THE RESIDENCES AT RITZ-CARLTON: The Residences at Ritz-Carlton comprise 12 luxury residences on the upper floors of the building. Residents enjoy all the services and amenities of the hotel.
SPA: La Prairie, Switzerland arrived stateside with its first-ever American full-service, luxury day spa. World renowned for its premiere Swiss skincare line, La Prairie has partnered with The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park to début La Prairie at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, offering the ultimate treatments for face and body. The Spa offers beauty and wellness therapies as well as intensive body indulgences featuring La Prairie’s exclusive treatment products in a serene and calming environment. Designed for relaxation and rejuvenation, the La Prairie Spa caters to every whim of its top-tier clientele, both in the European Spa as well as in the hotel’s in-room services, with its distinctive focus on service and pampering.
FITNESS CENTER: The hotel’s fitness center is equipped with the latest top-of-the-line weight training and cardiovascular exercise equipment. A wide range of personal training options can be arranged, including yoga, pilates and meditation instruction.
At BLT Market, Chef Laurent Tourondel provides the perfect meal for any season with breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch available in the dining room and seasonal outdoor patio.
The menu rotates monthly, focusing on fresh, seasonal ingredients available in farmers' markets, and paying particular attention to unusual, wild and locally grown items. BLT Market sources seasonal fish, meat and cheese from local producers.
The Star Lounge
At The Star Lounge’s traditional stand-up bar, guests can enjoy memorable cocktails and conversation with legendary bartender Norman Bukofzer, as well as a full selection of wines. Traditional afternoon tea and Cupcake Tea is also served in the lounge, as well as cocktails and casual fare into the late hours.
CONFERENCE FACILITIES: The Ritz-Carlton offers 2,053 square feet of conference space, including two elegantly appointed boardrooms, one of which overlooks Central Park, and a larger function room that can be divided to adjust to group size and needs. A Conference Concierge and Technology Butler provide 24-hour assistance.
BUSINESS CENTER: A state-of-the-art business center offers secretarial and support services including faxing, photocopying and courier service. The Business Center provides high-speed Internet access and data port connections, dual line telephones and the services of a Conference Concierge and Technology Butler.
SHOPPING: New York’s premier shopping districts, Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue, are within easy walking distance of the hotel. Just steps away are legendary shopping destinations Bergdorf Goodman and the Tiffany & Co flagship store. The concierge team is more than happy to arrange personal shopping services or transportation for citywide shopping excursions.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: The hotel is in close proximity to Lincoln Center, the Museum of Modern Art and Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, the Theater District and Times Square, Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue shopping and, of course, the many attractions of Central Park, such as Wollman Rink, Belvedere Castle and the Central Park Zoo and Wildlife Center.
# # #