Grand Cayman - October 1, 2012
- Cayman Cookout by Eric Ripert celebrates its fifth season as the Caribbean’s premier epicurean event from January 17 - 20, 2013. Presented by The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism and Food & Wine magazine, Cayman Cookout is an intimate gathering of some of the world’s most respected chefs, winemakers and culinary personalities and food and wine enthusiasts from around the globe. Centered at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman and its signature restaurant Blue by Eric Ripert, Cayman Cookout showcases the natural beauty of the Cayman Islands with tastings and demonstrations on world famous Seven Mile Beach against the backdrop of the Caribbean Sea.
Returning to participate in Cayman Cookout is José Andrés who will open his own signature restaurant at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, in December. Event host Eric Ripert will also be joined by Paul Bartolotta, Anthony Bourdain, Daniel Humm, David Kinch, Dale MacKay, Spike Mendelsohn, Sherry Yard, Food & Wine’s Ray Isle and wine expert Anthony Giglio.
Cayman Cookout 2013 event highlights include:
- Wine Auction Dinner presented by Jacques Scott & Chefs of The Ritz-Carlton
Cayman Cookout guest chefs will host tables at a culinary celebration created by an international line-up Ritz-Carlton chefs including Xavier Salomon of The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, George Fistrovitch of The Ritz-Carlton Resorts of Naples, Fabien Gnemmi of The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, Stephen Toevs of The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix, The Ritz-Carlton Corporate Chef Rainer Zinngrebe and The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman’s own Frederic Morineau. Sotheby’s will auction enriching wine, culinary and travel experiences with proceeds benefiting The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman Community Footprints initiatives including culinary scholarships for aspiring young Caymanian chefs.
- José Andrés Conquers Seven Mile Beach
At this interactive demonstration just steps from the sea, Andrés puts his guests to work assisting with his Seven Mile Beach fire pit seafood paella and mixing homemade Sangria.
- An Afternoon at Blue with Guest Chef Daniel Humm
The Eleven Madison Park chef brings his mantra of endless innovation to Blue by Eric Ripert where Ripert’s philosophy of the fish as the star of the plate is brought to life using seafood from Cayman’s fourth generation fishermen.
- Barefoot BBQ
Shorts or rolled-up trousers will be de rigueur as Eric Ripert, Anthony Bourdain and José Andrés grill in the water at a literal Caribbean Sea cookout at Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach.
- Burgers in Paradise with Eric Ripert and Spike Mendelsohn
The creator of Cayman Cookout hosts the quintessential island burger bash with assistance at the grill from burger maestro Mendelsohn. The experience begins with a catamaran sail across North Sound and a stop to snorkel and swim at Stingray City and then on to Rum Point for satisfying burgers of every iteration.
- Farm to Fork with David Kinch
In a world of restaurant empires and Chef/TV presenters, his Manresa is hailed by those not prone to hyperbole as the most inventive restaurant in America. The ‘one restaurant, one farm’ chef turns his creative focus to taking advantage of what’s best at the local farmer’s market and the benefits of slow roasting and grilling.
- An Afternoon with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert
Join the culinary world’s favorite unlikely friends as they candidly trade opinions, talk shop and indulge in a rant or two in a beachfront adaptation of their wildly popular stage show.
- Ultimate Dinner Party at Camana Bay
The only downside to this evening at Cayman’s newest dining destination is choosing only one restaurant. David Kinch will guest chef alongside Michael Schwartz at Michael’s Genuine, Spike Mendelsohn and Sherry Yard join Cindy Hutson at Ortanique and Dale MacKay pairs up with Ron Jacobson at Abacus.
- Bon Vivant Champagne Brunch and Cook-Off
Cayman’s best amateur chefs face off in a culinary competition hosted by Top Chef fan favorite Spike Mendelsohn and judged by Eric Ripert, José Andrés, Anthony Bourdain and His Excellency The Governor of the Cayman Islands Duncan Taylor.
- Gala Dinner at Blue by Eric Ripert
The culmination of a weekend of extraordinary culinary experiences will feature creations prepared by Chefs Ripert, Andrés, Bartolotta, Humm, Kinch, MacKay, Mendelsohn and Yard.
For a full list of Cayman Cookout events and ticket sales, visit www.caymancookout.com
For room reservations please contact your travel professional, call 800-241-3333 or visit www.ritzcarlton.com