CHARLOTTE, NC. May 31, 2012 —
Bar Cocoa at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte will open its much-anticipated Bar Macaron on Friday, June 1, just in time for a season of events set to shine the spotlight on culinary Charlotte.
Named in honor of the French “macaron”, Bar Macaron will present a colorful display of this delightful meringue-based cookie, which features a slightly crunchy, vibrantly-hued smooth exterior. Macarons are made with almond flour, egg whites and sugar, and then filled with a surprisingly flavorful sweet center.
The light and airy confections of Bar Macaron will be highlighted by the following temptations:
- Chocolate Macaron with Cocoa Nibs and Ganache Filling
- Vanilla Macaron with Vanilla Buttercream Filling
- Cinnamon Macaron with Dulce de Leche Filling
- Lemon Macaron with Lemon Buttercream Filling
- Blackberry Macaron with Blackberry Jam Filling
- Pistachio Macaron with Crushed Pistachios and Pistachio Buttercream Filling
- Red Velvet Macaron with Cream Cheese Filling
- Mint Chocolate Macaron with Mint Ganache Filling
- Lemon Poppyseed Macaron with Lemon Curd Filling
- Orange Creamsicle Macaron with Orange Marmalade Buttercream
- Raspberry Chocolate Macaron with Raspberry Chocolate Jam Filling
- Chocolate Macaron with Nutella Crunch
- Blueberry Macaron with Blueberry Buttercream
- Mocha Macaron with Espresso Filling
- Lavender Macaron with Whipped Honey Filling
“We are delighted to add to our popular Bar Cocoa experience, and this special macaron offering has been designed in response to high demand for our Bar Cocoa best-seller,” said David Rothwell, general manager, The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte. “We look forward to sharing this confection presentation not only with indoor and outdoor diners at Bar Cocoa, but also as a treat to take home or to present as a gift.”
Bar Macaron is located within Bar Cocoa, the decadent all-dessert dining and retail experience located on the lobby level of The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte. Bar Cocoa offers all-day dining, chocolate retail treasures, daily Chocolate Afternoon Tea, weekly five-course Chocolate & Champagne All-Dessert Dinners, weekend brunch, wedding and special occasion cakes, dessert parties and catering, and pastry cooking classes and teambuilding experiences in Cocoa Lab and, for teens at Camp Cocoa– all centered around the irresistible taste, appeal and drama of chocolate. For further information and dining, package, cake or cooking class/cooking camp reservations, contact The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte at (704) 547-2244.